Tuesday, March 29, 2011

{Thrift Find}

On Saturday I decided I wanted to go to a thrift shop and left my kids at home with my husband so I could take my time. I got there and within minutes saw this LARGE Silver punch bowl. I looked at the tag and it said SEVENTY Dollars! What! $70 for a punch bowl at a Thrift Store?!? I was so bugged!
So I went and asked the manager if they could lower the price at all. This particular thrift store has different colored tags and every week a different color is half off, the manager told me that that colored tag would be half off on Monday (2 days from then) I was really excited so I left it there. I told my friend about it and she said she would have her husband go and be there at the store when it opened on Monday morning for me. So Monday rolled around and after I thought about it ALL weekend I was on pins and needles to see if I got it. He called me and said he found it and was buying it! The person ringing him up said that someone else had called about it that morning...Whew! Someone else was on the trail too!

So he came later that day and dropped it off! A beauty if you ask me!




 It's 10 inches tall and 14 inches wide. It's going to take me a year to polish it up! I post pictures when it's all finished.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...